From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kernel 3.8 and external drivers
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 12:31:02
1 On 12/03/2013 14:13, Yuri K. Shatroff wrote:
2 > On 12.03.2013 15:51, Dale wrote:
3 >> You may want to know, Volker is quite known for being "harsh" to use
4 >> your word. Most of us here, just ignore it.
5 >>
6 >> Dale
7 >>
8 >> :-) :-)
9 >
10 > :-)
11 >
12 > On 12.03.2013 15:51, Alan McKinnon wrote:
13 >> So don't overthink what happens around here. The reality is more like
14 > this:
15 >> user1: I think I made a mistake
16 >> user2: Yes you did. It was a colossal dumbass mistake and you acted like
17 >> an idiot
18 >> user1: hmmmm, yeah. Well I guess I asked for that.
19 >> user2: yes you did :-) Wanna go grab a beer?
20 >
21 > I wasn't too far from taking it this way :)
22 > Maybe the philosophical talks are what makes your brain rest after a
23 > long developer's working day ;)
24 >
25 > Just hoping I've not wasted your time guys :-)
28 If you better understand some of the social and technical dynamics that
29 happen around here, then it was not time wasted.
30
31 These discussions are never really about the issue that started it all,
32 it always becomes bigger and gets into
33
34 "So how does our community really work on a human level?"
35
36 The answer is always fuzzy, that's because we are human, not code. We
37 have opinions and disagree a little but mostly we agree on a lot.
42 Alan McKinnon
43 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com