From: Giant Y <y560aifid@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user]ask for installation help!
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 11:32:28
1 Thank you.
2 The problem solved.
5 -> posted by *Giant Y*
6
7 On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 6:34 PM, wraeth <wraeth@×××××××××.au> wrote:
8
9 > On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 02:57:57PM +0800, Giant Y wrote:
10 > > Firstly, I install gentoo in Virtual box for practice. I follow the
11 > "quick
12 > > install guide"
13 > > onA http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gentoo-x86-quickinstall.xml.
14 > Unluckily,
15 >
16 > I would actually recommend going through the handbook for your first
17 > install of Gentoo anyway, since it does provide a nice introduction to
18 > the key mechanics of Gentoo.
19 >
20 > There's also some very useful information about Gentoo (introduction to
21 > portage, for example) in part two of the handbook.
22 >
23 > That being said, I don't think it caters to VirtualBox environments
24 > specifically, so Paul's note on setting GRUB_PLATFORMS should be used
25 > too.
26 >
27 > Cheers;
28 > --