From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: udev -> eudev
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2016 13:30:23
1 Jc García <jyo.garcia <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > > [blocks B ] sys-fs/eudev ("sys-fs/eudev" is blocking
5 > > sys-apps/gentoo-systemd-integration-4, sys-apps/systemd-226-r2)
6 > > [blocks B ] sys-apps/gentoo-systemd-integration
7 > > ("sys-apps/gentoo-systemd-integration" is blocking sys-fs/udev-225,
8 > > sys-fs/eudev-3.1.5)
9 > > [blocks B ] sys-apps/systemd ("sys-apps/systemd" is blocking
10 > > sys-fs/udev-225, sys-fs/eudev-3.1.5)
11
12 > > So just emerge -C sys-apps/systemd sys-apps/gentoo-systemd-integration
13 > > sys-fs/udev
14
15 > You can only have one of sys-apps/systemd, sys-fs/udev or sys-fs/eudev
16 > installed, portage won't let you install 2(since there's files
17 > collision), see the contents of virual/udev, so there's no point in
18 > trying to remove 2 of them from a system, "All softs of things are now
19 > calling for systemd" isn't really digging into the problem, and being
20 > honest not that many packages have sys-apps/systemd in any of *DEPEND,
21 > you should check better why is systemd being pulled( emerge -pvt),
22 > maybe some use flags misconfiguration.
23
24 YES. I agree with you guys. I have -systemd in make.conf for a long time now.
25 Nothing depends on the sysmtemd flag or software, since forever. OpenRC here.
26 I synced last night and this blocking occurred, its new and I have not many
27 any changes on this system except for new packages. I suspect something low
28 level with udev, but I cannot find what's causing it.
29
30 on 'gentoo-dev' I read the thread on " Changing order of default
31 virtual/udev ". Being in the camp of 100% against systemd, something has
32 changed and I need help ferreting in out.
35 equery hasuse systemd
36
37 reveals nothing that has the systemd flag set. I should have changed over to
38 eudev a long time ago. So I need to remove whatever and make the change
39 now. I run lxde for a desktop, if that matters. Is there syntax to dive
40 deeper into what's causing this sudden change?
41
42 sys-apps/systemd is not even installed, but it shows up as a blocker?
43 gentoo-systemd-integration is not installed, but it's a blocker.
44
45 udev::
46 [I] virtual/udev
47 Available versions: 215 ~217 {systemd}
48 Installed versions: 215(10:34:27 PM 02/15/2015)(-systemd)
51 So, for me it's time to take the risk and remove udev and install eudev.
52 I do appreciate guidance and wisdom and especially syntax ideas, but
53 the decision is already made.
56 Advice?
57
58 James