From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: udev -> eudev
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2016 14:59:30
1 On Tue, 9 Feb 2016 13:30:04 +0000 (UTC), James wrote:
2
3 > sys-apps/systemd is not even installed, but it shows up as a blocker?
4 > gentoo-systemd-integration is not installed, but it's a blocker.
5
6 It's showing up because it is blocking your update, which means something
7 you are installing as part of that update wants it. You have two choices:
8
9 1) Start uninstalling important stuff at random until either the
10 problem goes away or you break your system badly enough to need a
11 reinstall.
12
13 2) Use --tree to see exactly what is pulling in the blockers, and why,
14 then deal with that.
15
16 > udev::
17 > [I] virtual/udev
18 > Available versions: 215 ~217 {systemd}
19 > Installed versions: 215(10:34:27 PM 02/15/2015)(-systemd)
20
21 That's only the virtual, that can be satisfied by udev, eudev or systemd.
22 If you don't choose one, portage will choose for you.
23
24 > So, for me it's time to take the risk and remove udev and install eudev.
25 > I do appreciate guidance and wisdom and especially syntax ideas, but
26 > the decision is already made.
34 Neil Bothwick
35
36 Is it possible to be totally partial?