From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mutt: Tagging on the contents of mails
Date: Sat, 28 May 2011 04:11:32
1 meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 > Dale<rdalek1967@×××××.com> [11-05-28 05:28]:
3 >
4 >> meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> Hi,
7 >>>
8 >>> is there any way to mark mails as tagged based on the contents
9 >>> of the body of the mails?
10 >>>
11 >>> Thank you very much for any help in advance!
12 >>> Best regards,
13 >>> mcc
14 >>>
15 >>>
16 >>>
17 >> That depends on your mail reader. I use Seamonkey and it can do that.
18 >> I would think that Thunderbird can as well. In Seamonkey go to Tools,
19 >> then select Message Filters. Then click to create a new filter. Type
20 >> in a filter name or it will puke later, I usually forget that. In the
21 >> middle section, it usually defaults to Subject here, you need to change
22 >> that to Body. In the field to the right of that, fill in whatever you
23 >> want it to detect, udev, USB or whatever text you want to select. In
24 >> the bottom section, defaults to Move Message to here, change that to
25 >> Tag Message then select on the right what you want it tagged as. If
26 >> you use Seamonnkey, check out all the other options as well. If you
27 >> use Thunderbird, I would think it would do the same but things may be
28 >> in different places. Maybe the instructions will give ideas where to
29 >> look.
30 >>
31 >> I'm not sure that is exactly what you want but that is what I know can
32 >> be done here. Again, depends on if we are talking about the same thing
33 >> and what reader you use as well.
34 >>
35 >> Hope that helps.
36 >>
37 >> Dale
38 >>
39 >> :-) :-)
42 > Hi Dale,
43 >
44 > in the subject line to my mail I mentioned that I am using mutt
45 > as mailreader... :)
46 >
47 > How can I accomplish tagging on base of the contents of the mail
48 > with the mailreader mutt?
49 >
50 > Have a nice weekend!
51 > Best regards,
52 > mcc
56 Oooops, I missed that part. My bad. lol I read the message three
57 times looking for a hint but missed it in the subject line.
58
59 Dale
60