From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mutt: Tagging on the contents of mails
Date: Sat, 28 May 2011 04:22:44
1 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> [11-05-28 06:16]:
2 > meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
3 > >Dale<rdalek1967@×××××.com> [11-05-28 05:28]:
4 > >
5 > >>meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
6 > >>
7 > >>>Hi,
8 > >>>
9 > >>> is there any way to mark mails as tagged based on the contents
10 > >>> of the body of the mails?
11 > >>>
12 > >>> Thank you very much for any help in advance!
13 > >>> Best regards,
14 > >>> mcc
15 > >>>
16 > >>>
17 > >>>
18 > >>That depends on your mail reader. I use Seamonkey and it can do
19 > >>that.
20 > >>I would think that Thunderbird can as well. In Seamonkey go to
21 > >>Tools,
22 > >>then select Message Filters. Then click to create a new filter.
23 > >>Type
24 > >>in a filter name or it will puke later, I usually forget that. In
25 > >>the
26 > >>middle section, it usually defaults to Subject here, you need to
27 > >>change
28 > >>that to Body. In the field to the right of that, fill in whatever
29 > >>you
30 > >>want it to detect, udev, USB or whatever text you want to select. In
31 > >>the bottom section, defaults to Move Message to here, change that to
32 > >>Tag Message then select on the right what you want it tagged as. If
33 > >>you use Seamonnkey, check out all the other options as well. If you
34 > >>use Thunderbird, I would think it would do the same but things may be
35 > >>in different places. Maybe the instructions will give ideas where to
36 > >>look.
37 > >>
38 > >>I'm not sure that is exactly what you want but that is what I know
39 > >>can
40 > >>be done here. Again, depends on if we are talking about the same
41 > >>thing
42 > >>and what reader you use as well.
43 > >>
44 > >>Hope that helps.
45 > >>
46 > >>Dale
47 > >>
48 > >>:-) :-)
49 > >>
50 > >>
51 > >Hi Dale,
52 > >
53 > >in the subject line to my mail I mentioned that I am using mutt
54 > >as mailreader... :)
55 > >
56 > >How can I accomplish tagging on base of the contents of the mail
57 > >with the mailreader mutt?
58 > >
59 > >Have a nice weekend!
60 > >Best regards,
61 > >mcc
65 > Oooops, I missed that part. My bad. lol I read the message three
66 > times looking for a hint but missed it in the subject line.
67 >
68 > Dale
69 >
73 :))))
74
75 How can I accomplish tagging on base of the contents of the mail
76 with the mailreader mutt?
77
78 Best regards,
79 mcc