From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Sloppy sterm screen update over ssh
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2013 16:33:54
1 On Mon, Sep 30, 2013 at 7:10 PM, Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > I've recently noticed when ssh'ing into another machine that the xterm
3 > display doesn't fully update. I.e. there are "holes" where an app
4 > updates over a previous screen. I've tried Google, but any mention of
5 > "screen" is interpreted as the "screen" utility.
6
7 Hi,
8
9 Are you running xterm over ssh (X11 forwarding) or are you running an
10 ssh session inside of an xterm? If the latter I have experienced
11 something similar when my TERM variable was not set correctly and
12 things like Midnight Commander would not fill in the blue background
13 (for example) or fail to blank the screen on updates.