From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: {OT} Will ARM take over the world?
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 13:39:23
1 On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 05:00:09PM -0800, Grant wrote
2
3 > When you say embedded kernels you may mean something I'm not familiar
4 > with, but I use a patched vanilla kernel with Gentoo on the Beaglebone
5 > and it works great. No uclibc and no busybox.
6
7 I'm thinking more along the lines of ADSL router/modems, e.g. the
8 Linksys WRT54G series http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linksys_WRT54G_series
9 with Broadcom CPUs. DD-WRT is a basic linux that is configured to act
10 as a firewall/router/etc. See http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/index
13 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
14 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications