From: Lee <ny6p01@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New Laptop Will Be Here in Few Days
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2016 06:21:39
1 Thanks!
2 On Mar 27, 2016 11:12 PM, "Adam Carter" <adamcarter3@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On Sun, Mar 27, 2016 at 1:39 AM, Lee <ny6p01@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >
6 >> New Clevo W670RZQ Laptop with 6th Gen i7 cpu, hm170 Intel chipset and on-
7 >> board graphics.
8 >>
9 >> Will the latest stable kernel and firmware packages work with it? Will
10 >> the most recent minimal install disc be adequate for my needs, or should I
11 >> go with another distribution for the purpose of having a working nic?
12 >>
13 > Skylake/6th gen + Intel HD 520 video working fine for me. ~amd64 kernel
14 > but amd64 linux-firmware. I went straight to ~amd64 for the kernel since
15 > the hardware is pretty new, and using the latest kernel seems prudent to me
16 > when using recently released hardware. System was built when ~amd64 was
17 > 4.4. Everything worked.