From: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New Laptop Will Be Here in Few Days
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2016 06:11:33
1 On Sun, Mar 27, 2016 at 1:39 AM, Lee <ny6p01@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > New Clevo W670RZQ Laptop with 6th Gen i7 cpu, hm170 Intel chipset and on-
4 > board graphics.
5 >
6 > Will the latest stable kernel and firmware packages work with it? Will the
7 > most recent minimal install disc be adequate for my needs, or should I go
8 > with another distribution for the purpose of having a working nic?
9 >
10 Skylake/6th gen + Intel HD 520 video working fine for me. ~amd64 kernel but
11 amd64 linux-firmware. I went straight to ~amd64 for the kernel since the
12 hardware is pretty new, and using the latest kernel seems prudent to me
13 when using recently released hardware. System was built when ~amd64 was
14 4.4. Everything worked.