From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Moving from Lastpass to Bitwarden
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2021 15:36:56
1 On Thu, 18 Feb 2021 10:04:21 -0500,
2 Neil Bothwick wrote:
3 >
4 > On Thu, 18 Feb 2021 15:22:52 +0100, Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
5 >
6 > > Call me Ishmael^wold-fashioned. I don¢t trust the Internet with anything
7 > > sensitive. Even if the other party behaves trustworthy (trustwortily?).
8 > > If it¢s on someone else¢s system, it¢s out of my reach. A password
9 > > database not only contains the passwords themselves, but naturally also
10 > > what I have passwords for in the first place.
11 >
12 > [snip]
13 >
14 > > So the natural answer for my password needs is keepass (by now the XC
15 > > variant). I sync it between my Linux machines with all other files using
16 > > unison.
17 >
18 > That's what I was using, but I now run my own BitWarden server, so I get
19 > the convenience and the security.
20
21 If I were to run my own bitwarden server, which seems not to be in
22 the tree, is there a way I can use windows, mac and ios to get
23 passwords from it?
26 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
27 How do
28 you spend it?
29
30 John Covici wb2una