From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] help needed to connect wifi on eeeSTOKED!
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 07:06:01
1 On Fri, 15 May 2009 20:28:02 -0700 (PDT), maxim wexler wrote:
2
3 > Yes, very much so. I understand there are issues with too many
4 > read/write cycles on the SSHD.
5
6 An SSD is not the same as a USB stick. They have wear levelling to avoid
7 this problem.
8
9 > Up to now I've re-jiggered the kernel at
10 > least a dozen times. I guess I should have put the OS on a card first
11 > *then* onto the hard-drive once everything was in order.
12
13 I've been running mine for over a year, using ~x86 so updates are
14 frequent and no sign of any problems, and stll almost a year's warranty
15 left :)
16
17 I do have PORTAGE_TMPDIR on an SSDHCcard, but that's more for space
18 reasons.
22 Neil Bothwick
23
24 If you cannot fix it, feature it.