From: Michael Schreckenbauer <grimlog@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Who can tell me relationship among dri,glx,mesa,xorg?
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 19:25:38
1 Am Mittwoch, 14. Dezember 2011, 14:22:47 schrieb Lavender:
2 > Now I'm totally confused, I can't find helpful information from Internet.
3 > I know mesa is a open source implementation of OpenGL, obviously
4 > mesa will afford OpenGL API. DRI is short for Direct Rendering
5 > Infrastructure, I have chosen options like:
6 > Device Drivers --->
7 > Graphics support --->
8 > <*> Direct Rendering Manager --->
9
10 this is DRM. This one manages allocation of memory for video devices.
11
12 > <*> ATI Radeon
13 > [*] Enable modesetting on radeon by default
14 >
15 > Does this mean that DRI libraries are built into kernel?
16
17 No.
18
19 > If not, who
20 > contains DRI? Also who affords GLX libraries? Mesa or Xorg?
21
22 DRI is part of mesa. Mesa also provides the GLX libraries.
23
24 Best,
25 Michael