From: Lie Ryan <lie.1296@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Official document for stabilization policy/guideline
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2010 19:06:23
1 On 03/03/2010 04:52 AM, Mark Loeser wrote:
2 > Lie Ryan <lie.1296@×××××.com> said:
3 >> I've been running several ~arch-ed packages that appears to be compile
4 >> and runs fine on my machine and would like to vote them for
5 >> stabilization. Is it enough to just open a bug issue and pray that the
6 >> arch manager would notice?
7 >
8 > The general policy is here:
9 >
10 > http://devmanual.gentoo.org/keywording/index.html#moving-from-~arch-to-arch
11 >
12 > Open a bug and let the package maintainer decide if that version should
13 > go stable yet, or not at all. We don't mark every version of each
14 > package stable since that would waste a lot of cycles all around.
17 Thanks, these are exactly what I've not been able to look for for some time.