From: Mark Loeser <halcy0n@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Official document for stabilization policy/guideline
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2010 17:48:27
1 Lie Ryan <lie.1296@×××××.com> said:
2 > I've been running several ~arch-ed packages that appears to be compile
3 > and runs fine on my machine and would like to vote them for
4 > stabilization. Is it enough to just open a bug issue and pray that the
5 > arch manager would notice?
6
7 The general policy is here:
8
9 http://devmanual.gentoo.org/keywording/index.html#moving-from-~arch-to-arch
10
11 Open a bug and let the package maintainer decide if that version should
12 go stable yet, or not at all. We don't mark every version of each
13 package stable since that would waste a lot of cycles all around.
16 Mark Loeser
17 email - halcy0n AT gentoo DOT org
18 email - mark AT halcy0n DOT com
19 web - http://www.halcy0n.com