From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Weird firefox
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2018 01:30:18
1 On 2018-06-02 19:54, Philip Webb wrote:
2
3 > > I select some text in another program (maybe a valid URL, maybe
4 > > not), copy it to the clipboard. In Firefox, I click in the urlbar
5 > > or I press F6 enough times to get there and I type Control-V. And
6 > > nothing happens. I just tested it with a fresh empty firefox
7 > > profile and it still doesn't work. So at least it's not me doing
8 > > something wrong in about:config.
9 >
10 > If I want to do this, I hilite the text eg in a console on another
11 > desktop by dragging the mouse-pointer over it, then open a new tab via
12 > the FF toolbar & middle-click in the empty URL bar.
13
14 > Does this work for you ?
15
16 Yes, this has always worked, but is too mouse-intensive for me.
17
18 But I have found the solution; I will post about it in the other subthread.
21 Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
22 if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
23 To reply privately _only_ on Usenet and on broken lists
24 which rewrite From, fetch the TXT record for no-use.mooo.com.