From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Weird firefox
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2018 23:54:52
1 180602 Ian Zimmerman wrote:
2 > I select some text in another program (maybe a valid URL, maybe not),
3 > copy it to the clipboard. In Firefox, I click in the urlbar
4 > or I press F6 enough times to get there and I type Control-V.
5 > And nothing happens. I just tested it
6 > with a fresh empty firefox profile and it still doesn't work.
7 > So at least it's not me doing something wrong in about:config.
8
9 If I want to do this, I hilite the text eg in a console on another desktop
10 by dragging the mouse-pointer over it,
11 then open a new tab via the FF toolbar & middle-click in the empty URL bar.
12 I just did it with /usr/local/bkp-day/flexity.ref ,
13 which is a file in my system, & FF displayed it correctly to my surprise
14 (it knows to put 'file://' in front of the copied text).
15 I did the same with the text of this e-mail, using Vim + Mutt,
16 & it also displays in an empty tab. My desktop manager is KDE.
17
18 Does this work for you ?
22 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
23 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
24 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca