From: Jules Colding <colding@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [FIXED] Audigy 2 ZS [SB0350] problems on AMD64
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 13:48:44
1 On Fri, 2005-07-22 at 18:12 +0200, Jules Colding wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I have the above mentioned sound card installed in my dual 252 Opteron.
5 > I have enabled ALSA and OSS emulation in the kernel and everything is
6 > compiled in, no alsa modules. The card is correctly detected on boot-up
7 > and apparently activated.
8 >
9 > Everything seems to be configured correctly according to the alsa guide.
10 > The problem is that I am only hearing cyclically repeating clicks, with
11 > weak static noise in-between, when I am trying to play music. I have a
12 > set of analog 2.1 speakers connected to the analog output jack on the
13 > card.
14 >
15 > Any ideas why this doesn't work?
16
17 OK, I now have sound.
18
19 The solution? Disable ALSA, enable OSS. Not exactly what I had in mind,
20 but now I can play music.
21
22 Best regards,
23 jules