From: Jules Colding <colding@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo Users <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Audigy 2 ZS [SB0350] problems on AMD64
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 16:16:56
1 Hi,
2
3 I have the above mentioned sound card installed in my dual 252 Opteron.
4 I have enabled ALSA and OSS emulation in the kernel and everything is
5 compiled in, no alsa modules. The card is correctly detected on boot-up
6 and apparently activated.
7
8 Everything seems to be configured correctly according to the alsa guide.
9 The problem is that I am only hearing cyclically repeating clicks, with
10 weak static noise in-between, when I am trying to play music. I have a
11 set of analog 2.1 speakers connected to the analog output jack on the
12 card.
13
14 Any ideas why this doesn't work?
17 Thanks,