From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] where's the splash?
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 07:23:40
1 On 18 August 2005 22:21, Holly Bostick wrote:
2
3 > Now I just get the same message that I got previously with the verbose
4 > splash:
5 >
6 > no 8bb picture selected in config file (twice)
7 >
8 > could not find silent image.
9 >
10 > Haven't tried verbose yet as I've compiled this kernel 5 times today and
11 > I'd really like to give the new ati drivers a spin for a while.
12 >
13 > I have:
14 >
15 > - copied most of the (working, afaik) emergence config file to the
16 > livecd config file;
17 >
18 > - converted the images to 8bit and saved them with the proper names;
19 >
20 > - put the full path to the images in the config file;
21 >
22 > - converted the "32-bit" images from .png to .jpg
23 >
24 > None of it works. The images cannot be found.
25
26 Holly, I don't have that livecd theme. Can you tar /etc/splash and send it to
27 me off the list? Maybe I can find out what's wrong with it.
30 > P.S, oh btw, thanks for the instructions about setting up a GRUB theme
31 > (which I have done, although using different instructions from yours, as
32 > yours didn't mention that the image must be created with certain
33 > constraints), but what I had said was that I needed a matching *GDM*
34 > theme :) . Not that it matters, since I have no splash to tie the GRUB
35 > theme to any future matching GDM theme anyway....
36
37 I can't help here. I use KDM. ;-)
38
39 Uwe
42 95% of all programmers rate themselves among the top 5% of all software
43 developers. - Linus Torvalds
44
45 http://www.uwix.iway.na (last updated: 20.06.2004)
46 --