From: Etaoin Shrdlu <shrdlu@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: FreeAgent extn. Drive setup ideas
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 08:57:34
1 On Wednesday 9 January 2008, James wrote:
2
3 > > > Also, I'm thinking about a udev rule or fstab entry
4 > > > on the gentoo system to uniquely identify the drive
5 > > > as I often attach several usb(stick or drive) devices
6 > > > to one system at any given time; so I'm looking for
7 > > > a scheme that they will each be unquely recognized (Labeled?
8
9 Uhm, don't know about your setup, but on all my gentoo boxes every device
10 shows up in /dev/disk/by-id, and can be easily uniquely identified using
11 that name.
12 --
13 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list