From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: FreeAgent extn. Drive setup ideas
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 23:07:28
1 Mick <michaelkintzios <at> gmail.com> writes:
2
3 > $ eix -l ntfs3g
4
5 > I have been using it for some time now on data (non-OS) partitions and had no
6 > problems. YMMV.
9 Yep, same here ntfs3g is wonderful!
12 > > Also, I'm thinking about a udev rule or fstab entry
13 > > on the gentoo system to uniquely identify the drive
14 > > as I often attach several usb(stick or drive) devices
15 > > to one system at any given time; so I'm looking for
16 > > a scheme that they will each be unquely recognized (Labeled?
17
18 > You may want to check the Gentoo Documentation and Gentoo Wiki and this ML and
19 > the forums, for multiple suggestions and examples of setting up udev rules.
23 Yes, some help with udev rules or a slick trick via fstab is what I was
24 really after. Or maybe something cool related to the usb buss and
25 a trick to *uniquely lable* usb devices.....
26
27 I'll take a cut at the udev rules myself, then post my
28 sorry excuse for udev rules and ask for help....
31 thx,
32
33 James
39 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list