From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Good fast IDE hard drive but cheap and BIG.
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 06:22:03
1 Paul Hartman wrote:
2 > On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 10:07 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> Hi,
5 >>
6 >> I recently got DSL and youtube is growing on me. LOL I been trying to
7 >> find a really good hard drive that is around 400 to 500Gb and pretty
8 >> fast. It has to be a IDE drive, you know, the big wide cables. I don't
9 >> have SATA on this rig.
10 >>
11 >> I have a Maxtor that I like and is pretty fast but it appears they are a
12 >> little hard to find nowadays. In matter of importance: size, price,
13 >> speed. Newegg is great but will consider others as well.
14 >>
15 >> Thanks for any pointers. Open to ideas.
18 > You can get a SATA-to-IDE adapter for a few dollars. That should
19 > significantly open up your buying options, since nearly everything is
20 > SATA now.
25 There's a idea. Last time I looked they were pretty pricey. I could
26 then use the new drive in the new rig I am saving up to build.
27
28 Thanks.
29
30 Dale