From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Good fast IDE hard drive but cheap and BIG.
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 05:02:41
1 On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 10:07 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I recently got DSL and youtube is growing on me. LOL I been trying to
5 > find a really good hard drive that is around 400 to 500Gb and pretty
6 > fast. It has to be a IDE drive, you know, the big wide cables. I don't
7 > have SATA on this rig.
8 >
9 > I have a Maxtor that I like and is pretty fast but it appears they are a
10 > little hard to find nowadays. In matter of importance: size, price,
11 > speed. Newegg is great but will consider others as well.
12 >
13 > Thanks for any pointers. Open to ideas.
14
15 You can get a SATA-to-IDE adapter for a few dollars. That should
16 significantly open up your buying options, since nearly everything is
17 SATA now.