From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Changing system from single to dual CPU ?
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 17:36:12
1 On 12/19/06, Joel Osburn <tjeckleberg@××××.com> wrote:
2 > I have an Opteron 242 system, to which I recently added a second processor and some more memory. I figured that to take advantage of that processor, all I needed to do was recompile to kernel, reboot, and set "-j3" in the make.conf file.
3 >
4 > However, there must be something else, since when I try to compile the kernel with smp, I get a whole bunch of errors like this when I run "make":
5
6 <snip>
7
8 Everything you posted is just a warning, and should not cause the
9 kernel build to fail.
10
11 > So no normal end to the compile.
12
13 If the compile really is failing, it probably isn't due to the
14 warnings you posted above. Try posting the last dozen or so messages
15 you get from the build.
16
17 -Richard
18 --