From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Heads up: A reason *NOT* to have xorg.conf file
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2017 04:17:02
1 On 04/02/2017 06:55 AM, Walter Dnes wrote:
2 > My best guess is that the problem was due to a recent update to
3 > x11-base/xorg-server On both my systems it now requires USE="glamor".
4 > This may require changes to xorg.conf. On my main desktop, with no
5 > xorg.conf, X does the detection and configuration "auto-magically". The
6 > hot backup machine would have an old xorg.conf with old (i.e. wrong)
7 > settings for the updated xorg-server.
8
9 This has been the case for many years now. Anyway, better late than
10 never :-P
11
12 You do sometimes need some custom settings though. This goes in seperate
13 *.conf files now, which must be inside the /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/
14 directory. Some packages can place a config file there automatically.