From: Thomas Chef <thomas.chef@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Kernel fails to boot on Via Epia
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 07:03:09
1 Hello !
2
3 I am realy a beginner at Linux, and i am trying to get Gentoo work with my
4 Epia Via C3 Nemiah.
5
6 I have followed the Handbook (I hope), and have looked at some Epia HOWTO's
7 on how to configure the kernel. (manual config)
8
9 I configured the needed devices as built in, and nothing as a module.
10
11 I have a primary ide-disk on the first IDE-channel, /dev/hda when I boot the
12 minimal installation cd.
13
14 Use tha handbook's partition's. And use lilo, as in the examples.
15
16 But when I reboot i get:
17 VFS: Cannot open root device "303" or unknown-block (3,3)
18 Please append a correct boot option; here are the available:
19 Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on
20 unknown-block(3,3)
21
22 Please help me, as I don't know what to try next.
23 Does anyone have a .config-file that works with the Epia card ?
24
25 / Thomas