From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] distcc - amd64 and x86
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2012 18:00:53
1 On Sun, Feb 5, 2012 at 11:04 AM, Samuraiii <samuraiii@×××××.cz> wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I have (right now) 3 computers runing Gentoo and as two of them are with
5 > only 1GB of ram - which for libreoffice compiling is not enough.
6
7 Mmmh. LibreOffice 3.4.x requires 1 GB of RAM, all other versions in
8 portage requires only 512 MB (including 3.5.x). Are you sure it is
9 your RAM the problem, or maybe you have /var/tmp (and therefore
10 /var/tmp/portage) in tmpfs? If that's the case, what I do is:
11
12 1. add the following line to /etc/portage/package.env:
13
14 app-office/libreoffice notmpfs.conf
15
16 2. have the file /etc/portage/env/notmpfs.conf with the following:
17
18 # cat /etc/portage/env/notmpfs.conf
19 PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/var/notmpfs"
20
21 3. have the directory /var/notmpfs:
22
23 drwxrwxrwt 3 root root 4096 Feb 1 20:47 notmpfs
24
25 This way, all my packages get compiled in the tmpfs (and therefore
26 much faster, since it is memory), and libreoffice (which is to big to
27 fit in there) gets compiled on disk.
28
29 Hope it helps.
30