From: Samuraiii <samuraiii@×××××.cz>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] distcc - amd64 and x86
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2012 17:08:03
1 Hello,
2
3 I have (right now) 3 computers runing Gentoo and as two of them are with
4 only 1GB of ram - which for libreoffice compiling is not enough.
5
6 So my questions are:
7
8 1) Is it possible with distcc overcome this memory limitation? -call
9 compile on "weak" machine and leave memory load on "strong" one
10
11 2) second question is about arch of each computer
12 one is Core2Duo second Athlon 64 X2 and last is Pentium M
13 What steps I need to take to exploit distcc for all given machines
14 Do I need specific toolchains for each arch in question?
15
16 3) How is distcc prone to network failures?
17
18 Thank you in advance
19
20 S
25 Samuraiii
26 e-mail: samuraiii@×××××.cz <mailto:samuraiii@×××××.cz>
27 GnuPG key ID: 0x80C752EA
28 <http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?search=0x80C752EA&op=vindex&fingerprint=on&exact=on>
29 (obtainable on http://pgp.mit.edu)
30 Full copy of public timestamp block <http://publictimestamp.org>
31 signatures id- (from ) is included in header of html.

bg-linky.gif image/gif