From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: grub chainloader
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 17:46:30
1 On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 17:06:57 +0100, Stroller wrote:
2
3 > I have in the past considered putting grub.conf on a FAT32 partition
4 > - I'm not 101% sure that'd work but I've never tried because I never
5 > actually saw the usefulness.
6
7 It will work, provided you call the file menu.lst, because the GRUB FAT
8 driver can only handle 8.3 filenames. The same applies when using GRUB on
9 a CD, it can't read grub.conf because it's not an ISO 9660 Level 1 name,
10 but it works fine with menu.lst.
11
12 So, in a way, grub.conf is a Linux file, because it needs to be on a
13 Linux filesystem for GRUB to read it :-/
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 What Aussies lack in Humour they make up for in Beer!