From: Michael Mair-Keimberger <m.mairkeimberger@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] difficulties with lvm2+systemd+grub2
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 08:27:22
1 On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 10:44:36PM +0100, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
2 > Am 11.11.2014 um 21:56 schrieb Michael Mair-Keimberger:
3 >
4 > > Don't get confused about the "lvm" flag. This just get passed to my very
5 > > simple custom initramfs
6 >
7 > Why not try dracut for creating your initrd?
8 >
9 > I spent *lots* of time around lvm/mdadm with systemd and grub2 back then ...
10 >
11 > What does your own initramfs do that dracut won't do?
14 There's no specific reason why I use my own initrd. Maybe just curiosity
15 - I just want to know what my initrd is really doing ;)
16
17 I'll try dracut. If it's working I still can look into it's init script
18 to find out what exactly is wrong with my custom one.
19 > -
20 >
21 > Aside from that:
22 >
23 > We don't see your kernel-config. Did you check for the requirements
24 > systemd has and recompile your kernel accordingly?
25 >
26 Yeah, i've checked my kernel config (even wrote that). I've just
27 followed the wiki howto regarding kernel config :)
28
29 > Does your new menuentry boot without the init= part?
30 >
31 Hmm, not sure if i've tried that. I'll give it a try when i'm back home.
32 > -
33 >
34 > Just some generic thoughts, nothing specific, sorry.
35
36 Thanks anyway, dracut is a starting point.
37 >
38 > Stefan
43 greetings
44 Michael Mair-Keimberger