From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: how to track this down (emerge of amaya)
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 17:06:27
1 Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de> writes:
2
3 > The ebuild needs a fix, or even better: upstream needs to be fixed.
4 > It's mentioned in bugzilla already (gentoo bugzilla, that is).
5 >
6 > I helped myself by compiling manually. The same problem occurs, but you
7 > can simply change the directory to Amaya/WX/redland/raptor, type
8 > "make", return to "Amaya/WX/amaya" and continue building with another
9 > "make". This would also give you a more current version of amaya, the
10 > one in portage is a little bit older.
11
12 Thanks... I noticed the portage version was bit aged. And in fact I
13 downloaded the current version and was going to try to build it but
14 thought by installing the portage version first I'd sort of gaurantee
15 the libs needed would be on board.
16
17 Thanks for the tip about chdir and make...
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list