From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: tmux first impression
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2011 12:00:42
1 Nuno J. Silva wrote:
2 > Dale<rdalek1967@×××××.com> writes:
5 >> Walter Dnes wrote:
6 >>
7 >>> 4) I entered the line
8 >>>
9 >>> set -g prefix C-a
10 >>>
11 >>> in ~/.tmux.conf because every site on the web that reviewed it said that
12 >>> was the way to go. Apparently, the developer uses {CONTROL-B} as the
13 >>> default hotkey to avoid colliding with {CONTROL-A} which screen uses.
14 >>> But everyone agrees that {CONTROL-B} is badly placed on the keyboard.
15 >>>
16 >> I installed it too. It seems a lot like screen to me and screen seems
17 >> to do what I need. I did hit ctrl a several times tho. lol I was
18 >> wondering what would happen if you started tmux then started a screen
19 >> session inside it.
20 >>
21 > Maybe tmux has something like screen, a combination to send a C-a (or
22 > any other prefix combination you set) to the running terminal.
23 >
24 > I'd set something else -- although C-a is easy to type (at least here,
25 > control in home row), it's used in some applications, like anything that
26 > uses readline (if in Emacs mode; it seems readline also has a vi mode)
27 > and Emacs itself.
31 It can be changed to the same as screen. I don't want to change it
32 since I also have screen installed here as well. I'm just so used to
33 screen that I was doing it the same way in tmux. Old habits are hard to
34 break sometimes, especially use old fuddies. lol
35
36 Dale
37