From: nunojsilva@ist.utl.pt (Nuno J. Silva)
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: tmux first impression
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2011 11:34:09
1 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > Walter Dnes wrote:
4 >> 4) I entered the line
5 >>
6 >> set -g prefix C-a
7 >>
8 >> in ~/.tmux.conf because every site on the web that reviewed it said that
9 >> was the way to go. Apparently, the developer uses {CONTROL-B} as the
10 >> default hotkey to avoid colliding with {CONTROL-A} which screen uses.
11 >> But everyone agrees that {CONTROL-B} is badly placed on the keyboard.
12 >
13 > I installed it too. It seems a lot like screen to me and screen seems
14 > to do what I need. I did hit ctrl a several times tho. lol I was
15 > wondering what would happen if you started tmux then started a screen
16 > session inside it.
17
18 Maybe tmux has something like screen, a combination to send a C-a (or
19 any other prefix combination you set) to the running terminal.
20
21 I'd set something else -- although C-a is easy to type (at least here,
22 control in home row), it's used in some applications, like anything that
23 uses readline (if in Emacs mode; it seems readline also has a vi mode)
24 and Emacs itself.
27 Nuno J. Silva
28 gopher://sdf-eu.org/1/users/njsg