From: nunojsilva@×××××××.pt
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Firefox and Thunderbird compile issue
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2018 17:47:17
1 On 2018-11-18, Daniel Frey wrote:
2 [...]
3 > It's really unfortunate that on massive builds distcc is not an option.
4 > Maybe I should consider -bin instead.
5
6 If you do happen to have a more powerful machine running Gentoo on a
7 compatible architecture[1], you could also try Gentoo binary packages
8 (that is, not -bin, but binary packages made from www-client/firefox and
9 mail-client/thunderbird on that machine, either automatically with
10 FEATURES=buildpkg, or manually using quickpkg or emerge --buildpkg).
11
12 [1] I guess it should also be possible to cross-compile, but that will
13 require additional steps, with which I am not acquainted.
14
15 Do you know Seamonkey? If you like it and it works for everything you
16 use Firefox and Thunderbird with, another idea to consider would be
17 replacing Firefox and Thunderbird with Seamonkey Navigator and Seamonkey
18 Mail&News. That way, it would be "just" one massive build instead of
19 two.
22 Nuno Silva