From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] :-@ Reversing xorg-server, hal and evdev.
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 20:55:41
1 On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 3:43 PM, Dale<rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > It does appear to be loading nvidia but I don't see the splash screen.
3 > I also notice that it takes longer to log out for some reason. It logs
4 > in like always, about 10 seconds or so, but when I log out, it takes 45
5 > seconds or so. Maybe the splash screen is off by default. I dunno.
6
7 According to the README from the latest version of nvidia-drivers, the
8 splash screen is only shown if you are using 24-bit color depth. I
9 believe it also shows only once, the first time after the module is
10 loaded, and does not reappear unless you unload and re-load the
11 module.