From: Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××.be>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] PYTHON_TARGETS something must have changed
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2019 13:20:32
1 Up to a few days ago I had
2
3 PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_8"
4
5 in /etc/portage/make.conf
6
7 and for any package to be installed for Python2.7, I had something like
8 media-gfx/cropgui python_targets_python2_7
9
10 in /etc/portage/package.use
11
12 But now, I have to add python2_7 to PYTHON_TARGETS whenever I want to
13 emerge a package which needs Python2.7
14
15 But keeping
16 PYTHON_TARGETS="python3_8 python2_7'
17 in my make.conf
18 will install an (additional) Python2.7 version whenever the package has
19 python2_7 in PYTHON_COMPAT in its ebuild file.
20
21 Furthermore I would have to add more and more
22
23 -python_targets_python2_7
24 in /etc/portage/package.use
25
26 for any package which does not support Python2.7, any more.
27
28 I am on the 17.1 desktop profile and use the GIT version of portage.
29
30 What has changed and what can I do about it?
31
32 Many thanks for a hint,
33 Helmut