From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Pseudo first impressions
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2017 03:51:00
1 On 04/29/2017 06:23 PM, lee wrote:
2 > Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com> writes:
3 >> Do a --depclean and that will resolve itself.
4 >
5 > Last time I tried that, it wanted to remove the source of the kernel I'm
6 > using, along with other things. It would have made sense if I had
7 > upgraded the kernel, too, but I didn't have the time to do that yet.
11 It will only remove things that it deems not needed. Usually these are
12 packages that have just been upgraded.
13
14 For kernel sources, tell portage to not remove it:
15
16 `emerge --noreplace sys-kernel/gentoo-sources:4.4.52`
17
18 as an example.
19
20 If you do that, --depclean will not remove the sources for 4.4.52 (as an
21 example.)
22
23 Dan