From: lee <lee@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Pseudo first impressions
Date: Sun, 14 May 2017 02:21:23
1 Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 > On 04/29/2017 06:23 PM, lee wrote:
4 >> Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com> writes:
5 >>> Do a --depclean and that will resolve itself.
6 >>
7 >> Last time I tried that, it wanted to remove the source of the kernel I'm
8 >> using, along with other things. It would have made sense if I had
9 >> upgraded the kernel, too, but I didn't have the time to do that yet.
13 > It will only remove things that it deems not needed. Usually these are
14 > packages that have just been upgraded.
15
16 Yes, the sources wouldn't be needed if I had upgraded the kernel. Still
17 one might expect it to figure out which kernel is in use and to not try
18 to delete it --- that would make some sense.
19
20 > For kernel sources, tell portage to not remove it:
21 >
22 > `emerge --noreplace sys-kernel/gentoo-sources:4.4.52`
23 >
24 > as an example.
25 >
26 > If you do that, --depclean will not remove the sources for 4.4.52 (as an
27 > example.)
28
29 Thanks, I couldn't find an option like this.
30
31 It worked --- now some time when I do upgrade the kernel, I somehow need
32 to remove these sources from the world list, I guess ...
36 "Didn't work" is an error.