From: John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] A couple of problems with systemd
Date: Fri, 27 May 2022 21:03:43
1 Hi. Lately I am having a couple of problems with systemd. I am using
2 version 250.5-r1.
3
4 I have one service which always times out, but slows down the boot
5 process. It is
6 /lib/systemd/system/systemd-networkd-wait-online.service. Because
7 many jobs wait in queue for a while, till this fails.
8
9 Also, I have a couple of services, ntpdate and proftpd which always
10 fail because when they try to execute named has not started yet. I
11 can restart them once the system is fully booted and I can login.
12
13 So, I wonder if this is all related to the failing service, or are
14 they separate problems that I can fix? And can you suggest how to fix
15 the two service which seem to start too soon?
16
17 Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
20 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
21 How do
22 you spend it?
23
24 John Covici wb2una