From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] A couple of problems with systemd
Date: Fri, 27 May 2022 21:49:39
1 On Fri, 27 May 2022 17:03:29 -0400, John Covici wrote:
2
3 > I have one service which always times out, but slows down the boot
4 > process. It is
5 > /lib/systemd/system/systemd-networkd-wait-online.service. Because
6 > many jobs wait in queue for a while, till this fails.
7
8 Are you using systemd-networkd or something else to manage your network?
9
10 > Also, I have a couple of services, ntpdate and proftpd which always
11 > fail because when they try to execute named has not started yet. I
12 > can restart them once the system is fully booted and I can login.
13
14 You can create a drop-in to require the service to start after named, run
15 "systemctl edit ntpdate.service" and add
16
17 [Unit]
18 Requires=named.service
19 After=named.service
20
21 That will create a drop-in file in /etc/systemd/system/ntpdate.service.d
22 containing your additions - you can also create these files manually.
26 Neil Bothwick
27
28 Copy from another: plagiarism. Copy from many: research.