From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Extracting XP drivers from an .exe
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2008 16:09:35
1 > There is one of the greatest tools at windows you need now:
2 >
3 > http://legroom.net/software/uniextract
4 >
5 > With this tools you can extract everything which can be extractet. Have
6 > fun with it!!
7
8 Luckily I have my USB wireless adapter working with Linux drivers so I
9 don't need to use ndiswrapper, but that looks like a fine tool.
10
11 - Grant
12
13 > >>>>>>> Can anyone think of a way to extract the XP 64-bit drivers I know are
14 > >>>>>>> in an .exe file from that file? I've run the executable inside of
15 > >>>>>>> vmware running 32-bit XP but I'm sure the installed drivers are
16 > >>>>>>> 32-bit.
17 > >>>>>>>
18 > >> <snip>
19 > >>
20 > >>> When I execute the .exe file on 32-bit windows it starts a real
21 > >>> installation routine though. I guess I'm out of luck.
22 > >>>
23 > >>>
24 > >> Some installation programs will completely decompress all contained
25 > >> files prioer to running the actual setup/install application - you
26 > >> might try running the executable, then, while it is running, but
27 > >> without actually going through the installation steps, search the hard
28 > >> drive for any files that were unpacked - you might find where it
29 > >> unpacked files and, if you're lucky, it might contain all contents -
30 > >> 32 bit and 64 bit.
31 > >>
32 > >
33 > > That's a really good idea, but no luck.
34 > >
35 > > - Grant
36 --
37 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list