From: Justin <justin@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Extracting XP drivers from an .exe
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2008 10:21:17
1 There is one of the greatest tools at windows you need now:
2
3 http://legroom.net/software/uniextract
4
5 With this tools you can extract everything which can be extractet. Have
6 fun with it!!
7
8 Grant schrieb:
9 >>>>>>> Can anyone think of a way to extract the XP 64-bit drivers I know are
10 >>>>>>> in an .exe file from that file? I've run the executable inside of
11 >>>>>>> vmware running 32-bit XP but I'm sure the installed drivers are
12 >>>>>>> 32-bit.
13 >>>>>>>
14 >> <snip>
15 >>
16 >>> When I execute the .exe file on 32-bit windows it starts a real
17 >>> installation routine though. I guess I'm out of luck.
18 >>>
19 >>>
20 >> Some installation programs will completely decompress all contained
21 >> files prioer to running the actual setup/install application - you
22 >> might try running the executable, then, while it is running, but
23 >> without actually going through the installation steps, search the hard
24 >> drive for any files that were unpacked - you might find where it
25 >> unpacked files and, if you're lucky, it might contain all contents -
26 >> 32 bit and 64 bit.
29 > That's a really good idea, but no luck.
30 >
31 > - Grant
34 >> HTH-
35 >>