From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Extracting XP drivers from an .exe
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 22:07:33
1 > > > > > > Can anyone think of a way to extract the XP 64-bit drivers I know are
2 > > > > > > in an .exe file from that file? I've run the executable inside of
3 > > > > > > vmware running 32-bit XP but I'm sure the installed drivers are
4 > > > > > > 32-bit.
5 > <snip>
6 > > When I execute the .exe file on 32-bit windows it starts a real
7 > > installation routine though. I guess I'm out of luck.
10 > Some installation programs will completely decompress all contained
11 > files prioer to running the actual setup/install application - you
12 > might try running the executable, then, while it is running, but
13 > without actually going through the installation steps, search the hard
14 > drive for any files that were unpacked - you might find where it
15 > unpacked files and, if you're lucky, it might contain all contents -
16 > 32 bit and 64 bit.
17
18 That's a really good idea, but no luck.
19
20 - Grant
21
22 > HTH-