From: James Ausmus <james.ausmus@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Extracting XP drivers from an .exe
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 21:30:31
1 On Jan 3, 2008 12:57 PM, Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > > > > > Can anyone think of a way to extract the XP 64-bit drivers I know are
3 > > > > > in an .exe file from that file? I've run the executable inside of
4 > > > > > vmware running 32-bit XP but I'm sure the installed drivers are
5 > > > > > 32-bit.
6 <snip>
7 > When I execute the .exe file on 32-bit windows it starts a real
8 > installation routine though. I guess I'm out of luck.
11 Some installation programs will completely decompress all contained
12 files prioer to running the actual setup/install application - you
13 might try running the executable, then, while it is running, but
14 without actually going through the installation steps, search the hard
15 drive for any files that were unpacked - you might find where it
16 unpacked files and, if you're lucky, it might contain all contents -
17 32 bit and 64 bit.
18
19 HTH-
20