From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Extracting XP drivers from an .exe
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 21:04:48
1 > > > > Can anyone think of a way to extract the XP 64-bit drivers I know are
2 > > > > in an .exe file from that file? I've run the executable inside of
3 > > > > vmware running 32-bit XP but I'm sure the installed drivers are
4 > > > > 32-bit.
5 > > >
6 > > > From man cabextract:
7 > > >
8 > > > cabextract - program to extract files from Microsoft cabinet (.cab) archives
9 > >
10 > > Unfortunately not a cabinet file either.
11 > >
12 > > - Grant
13 > > --
14 > > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
17 > If there is no cabinet, you can try unrar x and unzip on it.
18 >
19 > Some exe's are just zip or rar files, but if that doesn't work
20 > I don't think you will be able to get the contents without an 64
21 > bit windows installation.
22
23 When I execute the .exe file on 32-bit windows it starts a real
24 installation routine though. I guess I'm out of luck.
25
26 - Grant
27 --
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list