From: "Jesús Guerrero" <i92guboj@×××××.es>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Extracting XP drivers from an .exe
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 20:47:05
1 On Thu, 3 Jan 2008 12:30:08 -0800
2 Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > > > Can anyone think of a way to extract the XP 64-bit drivers I know are
5 > > > in an .exe file from that file? I've run the executable inside of
6 > > > vmware running 32-bit XP but I'm sure the installed drivers are
7 > > > 32-bit.
8 > >
9 > > From man cabextract:
10 > >
11 > > cabextract - program to extract files from Microsoft cabinet (.cab) archives
12 >
13 > Unfortunately not a cabinet file either.
14 >
15 > - Grant
16 > --
17 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
20 If there is no cabinet, you can try unrar x and unzip on it.
21
22 Some exe's are just zip or rar files, but if that doesn't work
23 I don't think you will be able to get the contents without an 64
24 bit windows installation.
27 Jesús Guerrero <i92guboj@×××××.es>
28 --
29 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list