From: Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] MIME-type application/octet-stream missing on KDE 3
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 04:26:09
1 On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 1:11 AM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Francisco Ares wrote:
4 > > Hi, guys
5 > >
6 > > Suddenly, after an update (sorry, no idea on which packages were
7 > > updated / upgraded / re-emerged) several (if not all) KDE 3.5 programs
8 > > show a message box saying that the MIME type application/octet-stream
9 > > could not be found.
10 > >
11 > > Any ideas on what happened and, most important, what can I do to
12 > > correct this?
13 > >
14 > > Thanks a lot!!
15 > > Francisco
16 > > --
17 > > "If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then
18 > > you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and
19 > > I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have
20 > > two ideas." - George Bernard Shaw
21 >
22 > Well, I found this somewhat old post:
25 > http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/susenovell-60/error-could-not-find-mime-type-applicationoctet-stream-529525/
28 > That said, I looked at the location described and I don't even have the
29 > file that they are saying to edit. Is it possible that you have this
30 > file and it is no longer needed after the update?
31 >
32 > Just a thought.
33 >
34 > Dale
35 >
39 Thanks, a lot, Dale, that was it.
40
41 That proves old ghosts use to get back to haunt us once in a while ;-)
42
43 Francisco