From: Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Bootloader hangs without a keyboard
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2018 12:12:24
1 Am Sonntag, 8. April 2018, 02:18:21 CEST schrieb
2 mad.scientist.at.large@××××××××.com:
3 > The obvious solution is to leave a keyboard attached, OR make the computer
4 > think so with one of the adapters that let you use ps/2 peripherals on a
5 > machine that only has usb. They always show up as a keyboard and mouse to
6 > the computer, even if only the adapter is plugged in. They have them on
7 > ebay etc., from $1 up.
8
9 Yeah, I did hear about those while researching the problem (forgot to mention,
10 sorry), but thanks for pointing out how cheap they are. I'll probably go that
11 route if I find no other solution, though I've also considered just using it
12 as a desktop, since it's more powerful than my current one, but was also
13 looking forward to a home server with more disk space :-/ .
16 Marc Joliet
17 --
18 "People who think they know everything really annoy those of us who know we
19 don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup