From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: keeping grub 1
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 01:46:44
1 James wrote:
2 > Neil Bothwick <neil <at> digimed.co.uk> writes:
5 >>> If I just unmerge grub and emerge grub-static, is that the
6 >>> best way to prevent grub-2 from ever being installed?
7 >>> Other caveats to worry about?
8 >
9 > OK, so before anyone responded, I just masked the relevant
10 > versions of grub2 in package.mask.
13 > =sys-boot/grub-2.02_beta2-r7
14 > =sys-boot/grub-2.02_beta2-r3
15 > =sys-boot/grub-2.00_p5107-r2
16 >
17 >> emerge -n sys-boot/grub:0 and make sure no other grub entries appear in
18 >> <at> world
19 >
20 > I added the generic grub2 to the package.mask
21 >
22 > sys-boot/grub:2
23 >
24 > It's all good now. I'm ignoring grub-static.
25 > grub-0.97.r14 seems fine.
28 > thx (everyone),
29 > James
32 To be sure, I'd take the lowest version and put a >= in front. Based on
33 what I get here, it should look like this in the mask file:
34
35 >=sys-boot/grub-2.00_p5107-r2
36
37 That way you don't have to worry about the new version that may come
38 later, and if the old grub gets removed from the tree.
39
40 Hope that helps.
41
42 Dale